Wednesday, October 8, 2008

OMG!! DALLAS!!



So this morning I just happened to turn on the TV and turned to Channel 8 (abc) and hit the tail end of Good Morning Texas.. They were advertising a 30th reunion for the TV show "Dallas".. They were showing some of the main characters driving up to SouthFork Ranch and getting out of these GREAT old cars.. Anyhow, they went on to say that there will be a Ewing BBQ to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the TV show and it will be held out at SouthFork and that the general public is invited!!

Mind you I was only 3 when the show originally aired, I can recall my mom watching the show not to mention other family members!! So when they announced that they were giving away tickets to the 8th caller, thinking of my mom and how much she would probably enjoy that, I decided to take the chance and call!! Heck, I have never won anything and probably won't even have a shot at this......BUTTTTTT....... I was the 8th caller and won tickets.. Now in all the excitement I didn't even ask HOW MANY??? :o) I do know that the tickets will be at "Will Call" and that the event is on Nov 8th .... I have called and left a message for one of the produces, not to mention sent an email to Gary Cogill himself (like I will get a response), but I really need to know how many people I can bring with me.. Because I AM GOING!!!

I looked at the website for this reunion to see what all was going to be happening out there and found that the cheapest tickets that you can buy are $100/person... WOW!! Also "Asleep at the Wheel" will be performing and I get to check out SouthFork Ranch in person.. YEAH!!

So I call my mom to give her the good news, GUESS WHAT!! She is going to be out of town that weekend...UGH!! Who knows if my husband will even want to go and again I have no idea how many tickets I have won :o) hahahhahahahahahhaha.... What an eventful morning..

Time to plan my outfit for the evening @ SouthFork Ranch.. Gotta dress to impress those Ewings :o) !!!

1 comment:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

That's so funny...I saw this on GM TX this morning. Can't believe one of my blog buddies won! YAY! How fun!! :)