Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Excited for the days to come....

I have SO many upcoming events that I can't wait for!! One of my resolutions this year was to start taking better care of me....so to start that off I enrolled in a jazz class with my mom.. It is taught by a dear friend of mine, and both mom and I are very excited!! Also coming up is a date night with my hubby.. We get so few of those these days, so we are very thankful when parents step in to take on our children (not to make them sound difficult, because they are really great kids)!! We will be heading out this Friday to the Granada in Dallas to see his uncle's band play!! I can't wait!!

Next on the agenda is a quick trip to Waco, Tx.. Emma is out of school this coming Monday and Tuesday, so we thought we would make a little trip out of town. Waco has a great Zoo (from what we hear) so that will be our first stop.. After that our plans are to find a neat place for dinner and then head to our hotel and swim in the indoor pool. Tuesday we are going to the Dr Pepper Museum, and I must admit that Emma is WAY excited about that. She is a true lover of anything DP! Be looking for pictures of our fun trip late next week!

Coming up in the month of Feb is a slumber party for my sister's birthday, yes we are taking it back "old-school" style!! Then a night out at the movies with another dear friend... To end off the month is my hubby's birthday!! We have a little trip planned for Austin to see a band that I love from Colorado!! Can't wait to see you Big Head Todd and the Monsters!

This year is already proving to be a GREAT one filled with love, family, friends, EXERCISE and taking better care of ME!! (really I am not selfish, I promise) Hope everyone else's year has started out as great as ours!!

Peace and Love!!

1 comment:

Jen, Preston and Maren said...

It's nice to fill up the winter months with fun trips and activities. Oh wait do you have winter down there :)

Thank you for your kind words about my Grandpa and just about life in general back in the day. It meant so much to read your thoughts.

Have a blast! I heart Big Head Todd!