Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Excited but anxious

So I have this problem with anxiety.. Years ago it was really bad, but as I get older I am learning how to cope with it on my own..(if only that were true for all my other faults {grin}) Anyhow...

Excitement: I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow, all by myself (no kids or hubby), for a little mini-vaca... My awesome cousin Caroline is graduating from CU (Boulder), so I am going up to help her celebrate this wonderful achievement!! I am meeting my parents up there, as well aunt/uncle/2 other cousins.. Boulder is a really beautiful town and the campus is stunning!! Can't wait for some cooler weather too.. I will be in Boulder for 2 days and then I am heading to Littleton, Colorado on Saturday. I went to highschool in Littleton and so on Saturday evening I am meeting up with about 30+ people for dinner.. Some of these people I haven't seen since highschool, some since our 10yr reunion, the rest I see often when I visit. I am really excited to see them all, catch up on lives, reminisce about old times, etc... Should be a ton of fun.. It is a short trip however so I will be home on Sunday..... No question that I will be EXHAUSTED when I get home...

Anxious: I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow {grin}... Now, I know that my children will be WELL taken care of.. My MIL and FIL are coming in to town to help out with the babes, which I am so thankful for.. But again, I am leaving my babes for 3.5 days and it just makes me anxious.. I know that when the hubby and Luke drop me off at the airport tomorrow I will be a blubbering mess, full of anxiety, nausious, stressed, etc...that is just me...that is just my personality.. While I am gone I will miss Emma's last choir concert for Elementary school and that saddens me.. I will also miss all of Mother's Day with my family (flight doesn't get in to DFW until 8:20pm).. I will miss hanging out with my MIL and FIL and celebrating Mother's Day and my MIL's b-day with the family.. I will miss my hubby terribly (I still don't sleep well away from him).. I will miss kissing my babes 100+ times a day.. I will miss baths, bedtime, cuddles, etc for 3.5 days.. I could go on and on, but won't!!

I am really thankful for this trip and for the time to myself (God knows I need it).. So I will try to stay positive and keep reminding myself that a LOT of fun awaits me in the beautiful COLORADO!!

{lots of pics/posts when I get home}

No comments: