Friday, July 25, 2008

4th of July fun!!

This was Luke's first 4th of July celebration, so we pulled out all the stops and had a fun filled day!! We started of the day by attending the 4th of July Parade in Arlington.. Luke was amazed by the high school bands, horses, floats and all the people he could watch.. It was a HOT & HUMID morning (parade started @ 9am) and we were not able to stay the whole time, but we enjoyed every minute of what we saw!!
















Next on the agenda was a stop off at Linda's house for some swimming! Sadly we couldn't stay long, but we had a blast while we were there.. We got to visit with Linda, Erica, Noah, Craig, Leigh Ann, James, Vicki among others!! Bob helped Linda cook all the meat she was serving and we got to snack on some really good food!! Linda always puts out a spread!! After Linda's we headed over to my mom's (Memi's) house to have dinner!! We had some great hamburgers, played some cards and Luke had some great fun with Memi and Papa Jay!! We were also able to meet a really nice co-worker of Jay's named Anar.. He is here from Russia doing some training w/ Jay's company!! We were glad to celebrate the holiday with Anar!
















Last but not least we headed out to watch some fireworks.. Luke did incredibly well with the loud noise, we were all extremely impressed! It is truly amazing watching your children enjoy the wonder of holidays, and this 4th of July was no different.. Emma has always LOVED fireworks and it was great to see that Luke would be a big fan too!! The best part of the evening in my book, was watching my two beautiful babies as they gazed up in the sky intensely watching all the bright, colorful fireworks.. As the fireworks ended, I knew that this would be the last time I watched Luke enjoy his first fireworks show and I will happily admit that it choked me up a little.. I know that there are many more years of fireworks, but the first time is by far the best time!








1 comment:

Chris Watson said...

I love the new blog. Between Emma's activities, your's, Bob's, and Luke's you should have plenty of fodder to keep it going. I love the pictures with the blog. That always makes it so much more personal... like we are actually there enjoying it with you all. I had such a terrific time this week at your house hanging out with all of you in the evenings and eating your terrific food. When I returned home I found a darling thank you card from the birthday party with my favorite picture of that day.
I hope you will send me an email each time you post to your blog. I will read it with great interest!
Love you all,
Grandma Chris