Thursday, February 12, 2009

It was YUMMY!!!

Chicken Taco Soup is officially a new family favorite.. Everyone in my home (plus a friend of my daughters) is raving about this new dish that I found while perusing another blog!! I love finding recipes for great, simple, flavorful food.. Without further ado, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 (10 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies (rotel)
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can pinto or chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can corn (I use frozen corn)
1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
1 (12 fluid ounce) of can or bottled beer (substitution can be 12 ounces of chicken broth)
1 chopped onion (I used half of an onion and 3 green onions, you could also use bell pepper)
1 package of dry taco seasoning
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast (I used breast tenderloins)
*Shredded Cheese (optional, to be used when soup is served)
*Sour Cream (optional, to be used when soup is served)
*Tortilla Chips (optional, to be used when soup is served)

Directions
Place rotel, beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer or chicken broth, onion and taco seasoning in crock pot (slow cooker) and stir. Lay chicken breasts on top and push down into soup so that the breast are submerged. Cook covered on low - med heat for 7 hours. Remove chicken breasts and let cool. Once cool, shred and stir back into soup. Continue cooking for 1 more hour on low heat. Then serve and enjoy............ (don't forget the extras, they make it even better)

I wasn't able to take a picture of the final outcome (had to go to class, so I didn't get to eat dinner with the family) but it looks almost as good as it tastes.. Also here is the blog I found the recipe on, we must give credit where credit is due... Thanks Mas & Sarah + Saylor!!!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I know I would love this!